A couple weeks ago, we used Instagram's newest Q&A feature on our story! We received some really great questions and realized that maybe we don't share enough about ourselves on our blog! Today, we're going to be answering your questions from our story, then sharing 5 facts you may not know about each of us!
1. How did Houston Hotspots start?
Houston Hotspots began a few months after Matt moved down from Dallas for med school. As you all may know Dallas is very different and one of the biggest things that sets Houston apart is how culturally diverse it is, especially when it comes to food! Houston Hotspots was born to share, recommend, and encourage Houstonians to explore the food scene and eventually expanded to events and sites as well.
2. Is Houston Hotspots y'all's full time job?
It is not! Matt and Saagar are full time med students and Marissa is a full time tax analyst.
3. Do you have any tips for taking good pictures without a great camera?
Lighting, lighting, lighting! Some of our photos are actually taken using iPhones, and good lighting is key!
4. What are your top 5 must-see places for someone that's fairly new to the city?
Cloud Column, BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Bat Colony at Waugh Drive, Buffalo Bayou, East End Murals
5. Which medical school do you guys go to?
Matt and Saagar attend McGovern Medical School at UTHealth.
6. How do you manage going to so many places while being a medical student?
Marissa joined the team just as we started getting super busy with rotations. She has taken over a lot of the work, and we help out and go to restaurants when we can. We have gotten really good at managing our time and working Houston Hotspots events into our schedule!
5 Facts You May Not Have Known About...
1. I've climbed 3 different mountaints, one in Norway.
2. I own a US Chemical Patent
3. I've eaten wild frog legs before.
4. I won a Chickfila Spicy Chicken Sandwich eating contest.
5. I love to brew my own beer!
1. I'm a car fanatic, who is constantly dreaming of my dream garage and workshop.
2. Sport are life, but bask