Dalgona coffee swept over social media in a matter of days, and over here at the Houston Hotspots household, it has become a staple beverage for caffeine. They are incredibly easy to make but tastes luxurious and almost as if you just spent over $5 for your coffee.
Over the past month, we've found recipes for different types of dalgona style beverages and experimented to perfect the formula to our liking. We thought we'd create a landing page for all 3 of our favorite dalgona drinks along with the essentials you need in your pantry to make them!
2 tbs Instant Coffee
2 tbs Hot Water
2 tbs Sugar (we use 1 1/2 tbs so it’s a tad less sweet)
Dalgona style matcha
3 tbs Honey (add more to taste)
1/4 cup Water
1 Egg White
2 tsp Matcha Powder
Dalgona style Thai tea
4 tbs Thai tea
1 cup Water
4 tbs Sugar
1 tbs Instant Coffee
1. Combine ingredients above.
2. Whip until thick and creamy (about 3-5 minutes with an electric hand mixer).
3. Serve over iced milk or substitute milk (about 1 cup).
This recipe is super simple and the best part is that you can adjust the ingredients to find the sweet spot for your taste buds! We don't love super sweet drinks, but if you do, I would recommend increasing the sugar/honey measurements.
If you're wondering where to begin, here are some essentials to make sure your dalgona experience runs smoothly!
1. KitchenAid 5 Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
2. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
3. Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
4. Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer
5. OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set
6. Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee and Tea Maker
7. Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals
8. Mount Hagen Organic Fair Trade Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
9. Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder
10. Thai Iced Tea Traditional Restaurant Style
Disclaimer: These are affiliate links. We may make a small amount when you purchase through these links, and making purchases through here helps support our blog! We've vetted most of the products recommended here or love the products produced by the same brands.