A few weekends ago, I packed my bags and headed to Fredericksburg, TX for a little girls' weekend with a couple of my blogger friends from Dallas! Visit Fredericksburg was kind enough to put together a curated itinerary for us to explore and experience all that the historic Texas Hill Country town has to offer.
As promised, today I'm sharing an inside look at our weekend. Here was our itinerary!
1. Stop by the Visitor's Center for a quick history lesson about the town.
2. Drive over to Das Peach Haus for a glass of wine out on their beautiful outdoor space and shop for Fischer & Wieser's gourmet products. Highly recommend stopping here for a glass of wine! It's absolutely stunning.
3. Dinner at Bejas Grill on Main Street.
4. Bar hop along Main Street! We stopped by Chase's Place, a quiet little spot for a fancy cocktail, and Silver Creek Bar Garden & Grille, a German bar with live music.
5. Aroma Wine Pairing at Kuhlman Cellars then lunch overlooking the vast vineyard. (We learned how to taste wine through our sense of smell!)
6. Wine Tasting on the outdoor patio at Pedernales Cellars with the best views of the Pedernales River Valley. We also got a quick tour of their cellar. Definitely make a reservation for one of their tours! Note: during our visit, they were not offering sales of wine by the glass. You could either buy wine by the bottle or do a tasting!
7. Wine and cheese pairing indoors at 4.0 Cellars. I personally loved the wines at this stop! The staff is also super friendly and fun.
8. Brewery tour and dinner at Altstadt, known as one of the top 4 breweries in the country. Such a beautiful spot to soak up German culture and food.
9. Night out at Luckenbach, TX for some country music and dancing.
10. Pick up coffee and breakfast at Caliche Coffee Bar & Ranch Road Roasters.
11. Hike off all of the wine at Enchanted Rock. Be sure to make a reservation in advance!
Over on Instagram, I asked for your Fredericksburg questions, and while I can't provide all of the answers, here are some that I can answer!
Masks are currently required in establishments.
Wine tastings and wine by the glass?
Most wineries are currently offering tastings, but not all wineries are selling wine by the glass at this time.
Best area to stay?
Staying off of Main Street is really convenient because you're close to all of the restaurants, bars, and shops. We stayed in Stonewall at the Stonewall Motor Lodge, which was just a 5-10 minute drive to all the wineries we visited and a 15 minute drive to Main Street Fredericksburg!
THINGS TO DO THAT DO NOT INVOLVE DRINKING?
If you aren't into drinking, my top recommendations to do in Fredericksburg are shopping and dining off and visiting Enchanted Rock State Natural Area!
Ubers and Lyfts are available, but plan ahead for a longer wait time. The wait time will vary depending on when you're in town and the area that you're in, but our wait times were between 15-25 minutes.
A HUGE thank you to Visit Fredericksburg for hosting me. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.