For those who are also feeling anxious and trying to find ways to support our local community, here are different ways you can help!
*We will be updating this list as we hear about new ways to help. Email email@example.com if you know of any relief programs or organizations out there.
1. WRITE/CONTACT OUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS.
Bobby Heugel, owner of multiple establishments in Houston, has written up a template for us to help our hospitality industry during these trying times. Find the template here. Then use it to communicate with our local government here.
2. Donate to the Southern Smoke Foundation.
Southern Smoke is a non-profit organization that provides funding to people in the food and beverage industry who are in crisis. The organization was founded in 2017 and could really use our support in providing funds to those in need during this time. Click here to make a donation.
3. Buy gift cards to your favorite local restaurants through #rallyforrestaurants.
4. Order Michael's Cookie Jar emoji cookie decorating kits!
They will be donating $10 from each kit to Kids Meals. They will ship too! After decorating your cookies, post your cookies on FB or IG tagging Michael's Cookie Jar, and be entered to be one of 3 winners to receive a year of cookies!
5. Place an order to be delivered to local shelters from Dona Tere.
Many businesses that typically donate to shelters are no longer able to given the current circumstance. Call 713-341-8119 to place a direct order for meals delivered to local shelters.
6. Tag friends and family you know in the hospitality industry or anyone else that could use additional cash right now in our Giveaway.
We will be doing more giveaways for useful gift cards and cash for those in need. Stay tuned for more giveaways. Check out our latest post here.